Expert assistance for potential poisoning is available through the webPOISONCONTROL® smartphone app. It aids users in deciding whether exposure is harmful and needs medical treatment.
To determine if you should call Poison Control, visit the ER, or stay at home safely, use the webPOISONCONTROL app.
With webPOISONCONTROL App:
- You can get assistance from this private, cost-free app.
- You can instantly receive a recommendation by just entering the age, drug, amount consumed (if ingested), weight, and time since exposure.
- Instead of inputting or conducting a search for the item name, you can scan it using a barcode reader.
- Tell us if you are experiencing symptoms next, and if so, the app will determine whether they are commonly expected symptoms or more serious symptoms.
- Usually, staying at home is safe, but the app will let you know what symptoms to look out for and when to contact Poison Control or visit an emergency room.
The application’s coverage has been expanded to include exposures to eye, skin, injection, inhalation, stings, and bites in addition to swallowed poisons in the new edition, which enables users to receive answers even after symptoms have already started to manifest. It also directs individuals who have taken too close to a dose or two doses at once. Over 500,000 people seeking assistance for a poison emergency have safely utilized the app, which was created by poison control centers.