In order to help with the management of gastrointestinal symptoms related to irritable bowel syndrome, researchers at Monash University created the low FODMAP diet and an app to go along with it (IBS). The Monash University FODMAP diet helps by substituting low-FODMAP meals with those rich in fermentable carbohydrates (FODMAPs). A low FODMAP diet reduces symptoms for about 75% of IBS sufferers.
The following is included in the app, which was created by the research group at Monash:
- Information in general on IBS and the FODMAP diet.
- Tutorials that are simple to follow that will walk you through the app’s features and the 3-Step FODMAP diet.
- A dietary guide that uses a straightforward “traffic light system” to describe the FODMAP content of hundreds of different foods.
- A listing of well-known goods that Monash has approved as being low FODMAP.
- A compilation of more than 70 wholesome, low-FODMAP dishes.