ANT is a wireless protocol, similar to Bluetooth®, that is predominantly used for sport and fitness wireless connectivity. Pre-installed by the phone manufacturer, this service allows you to connect ANT+ devices to apps on your phone. ANT Wireless is a division of Garmin Canada Inc.
ANT enabled apps can utilize this service to connect:
• Heart Rate: Receive live heart rate data from heart rate straps or wearables produced by many popular manufacturers
• Fitness Equipment: Connect ANT+ enabled fitness equipment and bicycle trainers to popular training and workout apps
• Bike Speed and Cadence: Capture bike speed, distance, and/or cadence data
• Bike Power: Capture data from ANT+ cycling power meters such as Garmin Vector
• Stride-based Speed and Distance Monitor: Capture speed and distance data from running footpods
For a full list of compatible ANT+ apps and devices visit https://www.thisisant.com/directory/