Access every park with only one app. National Park Service employees who are familiar with national parks developed the NPS App and combines a fantastic set of features. With capabilities to discover hundreds of national parks nationwide, the NPS App is the official app for the National Park Service. You can organize your adventures in national parks before and during your travel by accessing online maps, tours of park locations, information about accessibility on-site, and much more.
AVAILABLE ON IOS AND ANDROID
- Downloading the NPS App on your smartphones or tablets to start your national park app journey. It is available on iOS and Android-powered gadgets to access the NPS App and it’s free to download.
WHAT ARE THE FEATURES
- Every park contains a thorough map that shows all the routes, pathways, and other features you’ll need to organize your journey, as well as the points of interest.
- Discover where to locate and use facilities for shopping, eating, and other needs.
- For offline access, you can download the entirety of a park’s content. If you’re concerned about data constraints or visiting distant parts of parks, it’s extremely useful.
- You may visit various locations in the park on your own-guided trips. Explore well-known locations as well as off-the-beaten-path spots. The app helps you plan your itinerary and give you advice on where to go, how to travel there, and what to do once you get there.
- The app provides a completely accessible experience with resources to help visitors with accessibility requirements.
- Users of this app could also receive information or alerts on news and happenings for all parks or a specific selection of parks.
- Create virtual postcards with park sights and share them with your friends and families to let them know about the great things you did.
Our rangers are always adding new ways for you to enjoy our parks via the NPS app. Keep checking back for more since the National Park Service also has plans to add features.