Call of Duty: Zombies (previously known as Call of Duty: World at War: Zombies and subsequently as Call of Duty: ZOMBIES) is a Call of Duty spin-off based on the enormously popular Nazi Zombies mode of Call of Duty: World at War. This game is playable over a wireless or wired local network or the internet. Call of Duty: World at War Zombies initially offered downloadable content in the forms of Verrückt and Shi No Numa, but a future update made the two areas accessible. Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies was a follow-up to this game.
The game’s mobile version follows the same goal as the console version, surviving as many zombie hordes as possible. Players may change the difficulty from Recruit to Regular, just like in the console version, to accommodate their needs. Zombies will approach players and attempt to murder them in the same manner as in the console version, only here they may come at them walking, running, or crawling. The same methods used to murder zombies in the console version are applied here:
- Shooting them
- Melee attack them with the knife
- Throw grenades
- Bouncing Betties
- Traps (not available on Nacht der Untoten)
“Der Riese” Zombie Factory feature:
- Using the all-new Pack A Punch Machine, you can upgrade any weapons: increased firepower, additional ammo, and a new metal finish.
- A team of zombies is on the prowl, and new teleporters allow you to zip around this large map and escape them.
- It’s time to ramp up the online 4-player co-op action to new intensity levels.
“Shi No Numa” (Zombie Swamp) feature:
- The zombies on Shi No Numa are some of the most fearsome you’ll ever encounter, but the tropical setting makes it a picturesque and foreboding location.
- Blasting a horde of zombies with a single shot from this mighty new weapon.
- Massive Zombie destruction can be achieved with the Flogger trap or quick getaways with the Zipline.
You can play Call of Duty: Zombies for the iPhone with up to four players via Wi-Fi/Internet or two players via Bluetooth. Hunt zombies with your buddies in the same room, city, or even the world, whether in the same room or across the globe. You can choose open or private matchmaking, so long as there’s a Wi-Fi connection.
All 4 Zombie maps from Call of Duty: World at War are now available on the iPhone™ in a smooth 3D environment. Your favorite guns and killer bonuses are also back.
There are three different control schemes to match your preferences. You can either use the iPhone’s unique tilt abilities or virtual analog sticks to battle the undead, or you can simply use the standard controls.
With iPhone or iPod Touch, you can directly access the world’s greatest zombie killer via the leaderboards. Show the world your position by becoming the most excellent zombie killer.
Note: Call of Duty: Zombies is best played on a 2nd generation iPod Touch or higher with the latest firmware installed.
So snap to attention, pick up Call of Duty: Zombies, and start fending off the zombie